Caring for your health
- Upon arriving to AWH you will be screened before entering the building. If you screen positive you will be transferred to another room and wait for a nurse to further evaluate
- We are calling patients ahead of their appointments to screen them for risk or exposure to COVID-19. If they screen positive, they are transferred to one of our nurses to further screen them. If they continue to screen positive, we involve one of our Doctors or Nurse Practitioners to determine the course of treatment.
- At this time AWH asks that only the patient attend their appointment, if possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but the safety of our patients and employees remains our top responsibility.
- We have removed all magazines, newspapers and other reading material from our waiting room to cut down on unnecessary exposure to germs and viruses.
- We have removed books, toys and coloring pages from our waiting room to cut down on unnecessary exposure to germs and viruses.
- Our staff is sanitizing frequently touched surfaces in our waiting room, bathrooms and clinic exam rooms everyone to two hours.
- We have developed a plan on how the clinic will handle patients that we suspect have COVID-19 to continue to care for them but to also limit exposure to anyone else in the clinic.
- We have masks available for sick patients. We ask that these masks be used appropriately as we do not have unlimited amounts of them available to us.
AWH is concerned for the safety of our patients and employees and will take all precautions to minimize your exposure.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has shared a Covid-19 Symptom Chart to help you differentiate between symptoms of Corona Virus, the Common Cold, Flu and Allergies.